Cam, a mechanical element with particular shapes, is a device for transmitting determined motions to the other component or part by direct contact. As only one part needs a particular shape to transmit determined motions to the other side, the other side usually adopts simple roller or flat shape on its surface.
The operating time of cam device is set by mechanical rotating angle of cam and it is constant. Therefore, the time of how many seconds takes to complete the operation and the range it moves are supposed to be all set preliminarily by the cam design, as well as the cam follower's position at an arbitrary timing of stroke during the operation.
- Easy to convert rotational motion into rectilinear motion
- Excellent motion characteristic and able to stand in high speed operation
- Stable operation with positive motion cam.
- Less troubles and easier maintenance
- Able to set arbitrary stops by cam devices
- Difficult to change or adjust stroke and timing once fixed
- Protective device required when overloads engaged.
- Difficult to design and process for particular motion design